10 Things You Need On a Ski Holiday
Thinking about my blog recently, ‘All the Gear, Any Idea?’ has prompted me to write a list of essential equipment for a snowsports holiday:
- Comfortable, well fitted ski or snowboard boots. Whereas it is easy enough to hire skis or board, a pair of customised boots are worth their weight in gold!
- A good, waterproof ski jacket & pants. If you are on a budget, go for shells so you can fit as much or as little as you want underneath.
- Goggles &/or sunglasses with polarised lenses.
- Head gear – a woolly hat for cold weather and a baseball cap for sunny days.
- Proper ski socks. Ribbed socks can be very uncomfortable inside ski boots.
- Strong sun screen and Vaseline or lippy.
- A day-size back pack for carrying extra layers, water bottle, piste map & sun cream etc.
- Winter holiday insurance.
Note my essential list does NOT include: go pro (or other camera), mobile phone, gps or helmet. All of these may or may not be useful additions but are certainly not essentials for a great holiday and shouldn’t be considered a priority over the above!