Travel to Portes du Soleil
Chambery Airport, Geneva Airport and Grenoble Airport are within a few hours drive of the Portes du Soleil. This makes the Portes du Soleil a highly accessible ski holiday destination, even for a long weekend. Leave the UK at 08:00 and you’re on the pistes by 12:00 noon.
London airports to Chambery, Geneva and Grenoble airports:
- London City to Geneva (LCY) : http://www.londoncityairport.com
- London Gatwick to Geneva (LGW) : www.gatwickairport.com
- London Heathrow to Geneva (LHR): www.heathrowairport.com
- London Luton to Geneva : www.london-luton.co.uk
- London Stansted to Geneva :www.stanstedairport.com
UK airports to Chambery, Geneva and Grenoble airports:
- Aberdeen to Geneva (ABZ) : www.aberdeenairport.com
- Belfast City to Geneva (BHD) : www.belfastcityairport.com
- Belfast International to Geneva (BFS) : www.belfastairport.com
- Birmingham to Geneva (BHX) : www.bhx.co.uk
- Blackpool to Geneva (BLK) : www.blackpoolinternational.com
- Bournemouth to Geneva (BOH) : www.bournemouthairport.com
- Bristol to Geneva (BRS) : www.bristolairport.co.uk
- Cardiff to Geneva (CWL) : www.tbicardiffairport.com
- Castletown to Geneva (IOM) : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castletow
- Durham to Geneva (MME) : www.durhamteesvalleyairport.com
- Edinburgh to Geneva (EDI) : www.edinburghairport.com
- Exeter to Geneva (EXT) : www.exeter-airport.co.uk
- Glasgow International to Geneva (GLA) : www.glasgowairport.com
- Glasgow Prestwick to Geneva (PIK) : www.gpia.co.uk
- Guernsey to Geneva (GCI) : www.guernsey-airport.gov.gg
- Humberside to Geneva (HUY) : www.humbersideairport.com
- Jersey to Geneva (JER) : www.jerseyairport.com
- Leeds to Geneva (LBA) : www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk
- Liverpool to Geneva (LPL) : www.liverpoolairport.com
- Manchester to Geneva (MAN) : www.manchesterairport.co.uk
- Newcastle to Geneva (NCL) : www.newcastleairport.com
- Norwich to Geneva (NWI) : www.norwichairport.co.uk
- Nottingham to Geneva (EMA) : www.eastmidlandsairport.com
- Southampton to Geneva (SOU) : www.southamptonairport.com
- Southend to Geneva (SEN) : www.southendairport.com
Airlines servicing the Chambery Airport, Geneva Airport and Grenoble Airport from the UK include: Aer Lingus, Air France, Alitalia (viaRome), Austrian Airlines, Air Berlin,
British Airways, bmi, bmibaby, Brussels Airways,easyJet, Flybe, Jet2,
KLM, Lufthansa, SAS and Swiss Airlines.
Reaching Les Portes du Soleil by train is a comfortable, convenient and affordable method of transportation. Eurostar trains leave from Waterloo Station in the UK, arriving in Paris about four hours later. From the capital, you can connect with a high-speed TGV train headed for Thonon-les-Bains or for Cluses.Geneva is serviced by the TGV and Eurostar train lines. Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Sallanches : www.eurostar.com , http://www.tgv.co.uk/Eurostar to Geneva direct : www.eurostar.com
Take the car ferry from Britain to the French port of Calais. From here, it is approximately 900kms to Les Portes du Soleil. You can get to Les Portes du Soleil by using either the A41 to Annecy, or the Mont Blanc tunnel, and then the A40 to Cluses
for access from the south. To enter Les Portes du Soleil from the north, follow the road to Thonon les Bains. Les Portes du Soleil is situated 70kms from Geneva, 590kms from Paris, 1,000kms from London, 970kms from Amsterdam, 790kms from Brussels and 430kms from Stuttgart.
If you drive from Grenoble: A 41- E712 to the A 430 direction Albertville. Take the N212 at Albertville up the beautiful “Gorges de Arly” to Megeve.
From Cluses station, you can catch a bus to the Aulps Valley (Avoriaz, Les Gets, Montriond, Morzine and St Jean d’Aulps). From Thonon Station, you can catch the bus to the Abondance Valley (Abondance, Châtel and the Chapelle d’Abondance). The Swiss resorts can be accessed by means of the Aigle train station. Eurolines buses run from all over Europe to Geneva and Paris. From these cities, you can connect with a series of local Swiss or French buses to take you to Les Portes du Soleil.
Taxi and transfers:
For small groups seeking to stay together during transfer from airport try a minivan or taxi transfer.